35th EFFoST International Conference
Healthy Individuals, Resilient Communities, and Global Food Security
1-4 November 2021
As the vaccine programmes continue to be rolled out across Europe we are very optimistic that international travel and event restrictions will be lifted in good time to allow us all to meet in-person. If circumstances change and we are not able to have an in-person conference then we will move to our online platform.
The 35th EFFoST International Conference: Healthy Individuals, Resilient Communities, and Global Food Security will be hosted by Agroscope, Bühler Group, EPFL, ETH Zürich and Nestlé, and supported by an independent scientific committee. We would like to invite you to EFFoST2021 that will be held in the city of Lausanne, Switzerland in November 2021.
The acceleration of climate change and the outbreak of the COVID pandemic, shows the central role of food & nutrition to provide basic needs, wellbeing and resilience for individuals, families and societies around the world. We share FAO’s vision of a world free from hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all. Therefore, EFFoST2021 aims to be a catalyst for collaboration between industry, academia and governments to address challenges in food and nutrition.
The 35th EFFoST International Conference will explore the theme: Healthy Individuals, Resilient Communities, and Global Food Security. This is further examined in the below mentioned sub-themes that highlight the expertise of our conference host, Nestle.
Advancing Science for Shifting Consumer Trends
- Food product design in times of uncertainties: technologies for affordable, shelf-stable products
- Food & nutrition to enhance the resilience of individuals and societies
Shaping Robust and Flexible Supply Chains & Manufacturing Setups
- Technologies for decentralized and modular food processing
- Safety, Authenticity, Sanitation in innovative food processing
- Towards Food Industry 4.0
Engineering Affordable and Sustainable Nutrition Solutions
- Food technology for low cost & high nutritional value
- Biodiversity for healthier diets: alternative proteins, ancient ingredients, minimum processing
- Plant-based vs. animal-based protein: ingredients, processing, nutrition and liking
Our conference will be held in an environment where you can feel confident that your safety is our priority.
“The SwissTech Convention Center is very pleased to host EFFoST2021 in November. The health and safety of all participants is of utmost importance to us and we will provide all the human support and technology needed to ensure a safe congress. We have organized several large events since the beginning of the pandemic following strict and thorough guidelines. The participants were very pleased and comfortable with the measures in place.”
Julianne Jammers, Managing Director, SwissTech Convention Center
Every year the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) organises this prestigious academic food science and technology conference. Join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and students from multi-disciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships.
- Prof. Remko Boom, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands
- Prof. Corinna Dawid, TUM, Germany
- Prof. Natalie Germann, TUM, Germany
- Prof. Sir Charles Godfray, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Christina Senn-Jakobsen, Managing Director, Swiss Food & Nutrition Valley
- Prof. Shulamit Levenberg, Technion, Israel
- Prof. Eyal Shimoni, Strauss Group, Israel
- Prof. Emma Slack, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Christoph Hartmann, Nestlé Research, Switzerland
Local Organising Committee
- Prof. Erich Windhab, ETHZ, Switzerland
- Prof. Francesco Stellacci, EPFL, Switzerland
- Dr. Beatrice Conde-Petit, Bühler Group, Switzerland
- Dr. Fabian Wahl, Agroscope, Switzerland
Tweets by EFFoST